Are you passionate about families and youth in your community?
Do you have experience in not-for-profit organizations?
Are you skilled at fundraising in order to provide continued growth of an organization?
Express Employment is now partnered with Youth Connections to hire an Executive Director. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in a similar environment and/or not-for-profit agency, fundraising experience, and familiarity with grants and contracts. The Executive Director must be community focused and have the proven ability to market and grow the organization effectively within the counties that it supports. Ideally, this person will be goal-oriented and be able to offer a clear picture of agency and program goals along with budget expertise. This person must communicate at a high level and be personable, organized and outgoing with a drive to succeed!
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or a related field is preferred. A Bachelor’s degree will be considered.
The Executive Director is responsible for the day-to-day management of the organization which includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Prepare and submit to the Board of Directors for approval an annual budget; including projected income and costs of personnel, programming and other budget items
- Ensure that the agency operates within the established budgetary parameters
- Ensure that administrative resources are available and secured
- Know the dynamics of the community and make connections between the organization and community needs and resources
- Develop and maintain partnerships and collaborations with area businesses, service providers, governmental agencies and other organizations
- Respond to community needs through new program development and enroll partners in program development funding and staffing
- Represent and promote the organization
PLANNING AND PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
- Work with the Board of Directors to develop goals and outcomes for the organization
- Work with direct reports in the development of goals and objectives with action plans for their areas of responsibility that are in alignment with the goals and objectives set for the organization
- Evaluate outcomes in relation to costs for all areas of the organization
CONTRACT / GRANT COMPLIANCE
- Identify and apply for grant opportunities and develop other funding
- Ensure that the organization complies with the terms and conditions set forth by funding sources in the contracts/grants that the organization receives
- Conduct periodic auditing of each contract/grant to ensure that the organization is complying with the terms
- Responsible for hiring, training, performance management and development of assigned personnel
- Responsible for conducting performance reviews for assigned personnel
- Responsible for recommending new organizational policies to the Board of Directors
- Assist the Board Chair with board member recruitment, orientation and training
REPORTING AND RECORDING KEEPING
- Responsible for generating reports on an “as needed” basis
- Perform other duties as directed by the Board of Directors.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online at ExpressIndySouth.com or in person at 707 S Madison Ave, Greenwood, IN 46143. Resumes can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 317-888-9045.
For more information on the position, call Michelle Bright at 317-888-5700.