REPORTS TO: Executive Director
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full-time / Non-exempt
The Family Services Director is responsible for the successful implementation and maintenance of Community and Youth Outreach programs in Johnson, Morgan, and Brown Counties. The primary responsibility is to create awareness of the agency and ensure that quality services are provided to all families.
The Safe Place program provides community education to all three counties on a variety of topics. The Director is responsible to make sure all community events, schools and that all Safe Place site visits are done yearly.
The Host Homes program runs in tandem with the Safe Place program and provides emergency residential services to youth through trained volunteer families. The Coordinator is responsible for program development, selection of Host Home families and Safe Place sites, marketing, data collection, and report writing for the program.
Family Mentoring is case management for our families and is carried out by the Director. Weekly contact meetings are to be done with all current clients to make sure they are connected and utilizing the resources we have provided.
Youth Mentoring is offered at two partner locations. Director is responsible to make sure we offer continued programming at these sites and utilize these partnerships.
Director is also responsible for the oversight of the program assistant/intern ensuring they are covering programs. This position has direct contact with, care of, and supervision over youth who are eighteen (18) years of age or younger.
- Develop, implement and evaluate annual Community and Youth Outreach goals and plans
- Market program to potential new Safe Place sites and Host Home families
- Market program to potential new collaborations for Family and Youth Mentoring.
- Maintain records essential for evaluation and statistical reporting to funders
- Ensure that required programmatic paperwork is completed in a timely and accurate manner following regulatory standards
- Maintain current Safe Place sites with proper signs and promotional materials through yearly inspections
- Ensure all Host Home families meet yearly training requirements and follow all programmatic guidelines
- Ensure Program Assistant as all the yearly training requirements and follow all programmatic guidelines.
- Market program to appropriate referral sources
- Develop and maintain community relations with key school personnel, business contacts, and community organizations
- Conduct presentations to youth, large and small group, for the purpose of explaining the program and related topics such as bullying, prescription drug abuse, and healthy relationships
- Conduct presentations to community organizations to increase community awareness of the services offered by the agency
- Coordinate community outreach efforts, including participation in parades and other community events
- Responsible for answering the 24-hour Safe Place helpline when on rotation
- Organize and facilitate Safe Place Advisory group
- Provide quarterly articles for the agency newsletter
- Work weekends and evenings as necessary, including instances of long hours
- Intervene when appropriate to ensure the safety and welfare of the child/children
- Ensure maintenance and completion of client files
- Maintain close communication with Executive Director
- Accept other duties as assigned i.e supervised visitation, youth mentoring classes
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one year of experience working with children and families
- A passion for working with youth and families
- Maintain confidentiality pertaining to client information
- Willingness to continue professional growth
- Excellent people skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; bilingual a plus
- Knowledge of presentation software and other office products
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must be creative, able to generate ideas, and be a self-starter
- Responsible, dependable, well-organized, and demonstrate a high level of integrity
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude
- Access to reliable transportation
- Knowledge of community services and resources
- Ability to work nights and weekends when necessary